The Renault Megane Renaultsport 230 F1 Team R26 (yes, that is its full name) is an absolute hot hatch icon. The R26 Megane gets its name from its big brother, the 2006 F1 race car by Renault. And it doesn’t only share a name, the R26 is a real drivers machine engineered by the highest-octane swilling engineers. Even by today’s standards, the 227 bhp R26 Megane is no joke around the corners. Dave, the man behind the Instagram account @r26.f1_track_car is using his R26 as a serious track weapon. With the number of mods that he applied and is still planning on doing, his R26 Megane really shows the potential this car carries. We were glad to hear back from Dave and found his perspective on Ford really interesting, here are his answers!
1.Tell us about yourself!
2. How did you get into cars?
3. What car (or cars) do you own and drive at the moment?
4. What modifications did you do to your car, if any?
- Full coil overs all round
- Roll cage
- Plumbed in fire extinguishers
- Bucket seats
- 5 point harnesses
- Vibra tec engine and gearbox mounts
- Full system Milltek exhaust
- Perspex side and rear windows
- Quick shift
- Front splitter
- Ktec induction kit
- Ferodo racing pads
- Brake cooling ducts
- Adjustable top strut mounts
5. Which is your favorite car manufacturer and why?
6. What are some other automotive brands you love?
7. What are your future plans for the car you drive right now?
8. What is your dream car and how would you fill up your dream garage?
10. What is your advice to young guys just entering the car scene?
Have really good mates.